POST EXTRACTION INSTRUCTIONS
The following instructions are to be followed by the patient after a Tooth Extraction
- Firmly keep the cotton/gauze pressed inside your mouth for 20-25 minutes. Remove the cotton/gauze after 20-25 minutes and discard it.
- When you remove the cotton, EAT something cold like plain Icecream/ or drink a cold milkshake.
- Anaesthesia can last anywhere between 30 minutes to 3 hours. Be careful while eating or talking while the anaesthesia lasts. AVOID biting on your numb cheek, tongue or lips.
- Apply ICE PACKS intermittently from outside in the first 5-6 hours of extraction. It helps reduce the swelling if any.
- DO NOT put your hand repeatedly on your cheek on the treated side. DO NOT sleep on the treated side.
- DO NOT rinse or spit out for 24 hours after the extraction. Keep swallowing all the blood and saliva in your mouth for 24 hours.
- Eat only soft and cold for 24 hours. Do not consume hot or spicy food for 24 hours.
- DO NOT have any Aerated drinks or Sodas.
- DO NOT use Straws for drinking liquids.
- AVOID putting your tongue or your fingers repeatedly on the extraction site.
- START Warm salt water rinses AFTER 24 hours of extraction. Rinse every 2-3 hours for at least 7-10 days.
- Remove stitches (if placed) after 1 week, unless they are resorbable sutures.